LAB EXPERIENCE PROGRAM FOR HOMESCHOOL STUDENTS (LEPHS)
Dr. Jung Yul Lim of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln has established a program that provides an opportunity for homeschool students to experience lab environment and learn about biomedical engineering. In the Lab Experience Program for Homeschool Students (LEPHS), interested students will (1) have one-to-one discussions with Dr. Lim on current state-of-the-art regenerative medicine topics and (2) participate in and perform hands-on biomedical experiments. Students will be mentored by Dr. Lim and instructed by the lab members (graduate student, research staff, and post-doc.). Students will also attend the lab meeting and journal club to join the discussion. The LEPHS is designed to stimulate the interest of homeschool students in biomedical engineering and science.
- Eligibility: High school level homeschool students (grades 9-12)
- Application: Open year-round
- Pre-meeting: Dr. Lim will meet the student and the parent(s) before the program starts for introduction.
- Period: 2-3 weeks (2-3 hours a day) usually during the summer
- The schedule can be flexibly adjusted.
Contact: Please contact Dr. Jung Yul Lim (email@example.com, 402-472-2480), the director of the program, if you are interested in joining the LEPHS. Previous experiences by the homeschool families who already completed the program can also be shared (ask Dr. Lim for contact points).